My Easy Acai Bowl Recipe

, , No Comments
Hi people of the internet!

I'm terribly terribly sorry because I haven't written a single post like I promised for months because: 1. my laptop was broken and I just got to repair it 2 days ago, and 2. I am home!! It's been a month now since I flew back on 26th November.

This time I'm not going to post any of my travel photos because I want to post something new in my blog, something I've been really passionate about, which is trying out new healthy food recipes. Sooo, today is about acai bowl! I know that a lot of healthy food enthusiasts are very familiar with this, but it is not that well-known in Indonesia so I'm going to give the simplest, easiest recipe with ingredients that can be bought in a lot of big supermarkets in Indonesia but still tastes delicious as it should be! :)

The main thing about acai bowl is, you need frozen acai or acai powder. Acai is a kind of berry which native to South America especially Brazil. It contains a lot of anti oxidant so it's really good for your skin!
I have searched for any frozen acai/acai powder that I can buy in Indonesia but haven't found any. I got mine from naturya, which I bought online when I was in Germany. The nearest place where you can buy acai from Indonesia is ordering it online from Australia. They have a lot of great healthy food brands but of course it is pretty expensive with the shipping cost and all. But you can also be creative, just mix some berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc) and you can get almost as much goodness as you can get from the acai bowl itself so don't worry!

You'll need:

2 frozen bananas
1-2 handful of berries (I used only strawberries because that's what's left in my fridge)
1 tbsp acai powder
1 tbsp lucuma powder (optional)
1 tbsp chia seeds
a dash of water to keep the blender going
1-2 tbsp of honey (optional)

Blend all the ingredients and enjoy the goodness of acai bowl! You can top it with anything you like.






0 comments:

Post a Comment