Wind Of Change

, , No Comments
Hi there!

How's your 2015 been so far? Mine has been pretty tough, but I'm trying to enjoy every moment of it. What often happened to me was I've been focusing my mind on something else, mostly the future, and forgot to live in the now. The moment I realized time has gone and I thought "How the hell did time fly so fast?!". It still happens to me until now, because imagining myself being somewhere else other than being in the uncomfortable present is more tempting. And I'm still struggling each day to always be in the present, honestly.

Also this year I'm trying to open my heart more to new things, new people, critics, opportunities, basically being more vulnerable. I always thought that being vulnerable was not cool and too sentimental. You want to be cool? Live your life like nothing can hurt you. Live your life like you're wearing a shield so every heartache won't matter to you. But turned out I was wrong. Turned out, the heartbreak I thought was gonna hurt my pride was just a way to lead me to new amazing things I never thought I'd get. Don't get me wrong, heartbreak doesn't have to be under romantic circumstances. It can be a fight with your parents/best friends or even rejection. Or maybe the fear of being forgotten.

I still suck at being vulnerable. But I want to change. Last year I learned that if we are not afraid to be hurt, better things will come to us. So let's make this the year of a change. If you are not ready for hurt and miseries, then you won't be ready for blessings and happiness.

"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore." - Andre Gide

Rara x

0 comments:

Post a Comment