All About Superfood

, , No Comments
So you guys might have been wondering because in a lot of my previous posts, especially the ones with smoothie recipes, I used acai powder, moringa powder, chia seeds, etc etc. If you are not yet familiar with it, I'm gonna try to explain all about it in this post especially why they are called superfood and their benefits!

Superfood is a nutrient-rich food considered to be especially beneficial for health and well-being. I only got to know these guys since about a year ago, since it is so happening among healthy lifestyle enthusiasts and I also find it better (at least for me) than medicines and skincare with nasty chemicals that we normally buy in stores. They have the same benefits, only better! Here are some of the superfoods that I've been consuming:
  • Acai berries: This fruit is very similar to grape but a bit smaller, round, and has deep purple-black color. It's originally found in Brazilian Amazon and has high amount of anti-oxidant and flavonoids. It is commonly found in the market as frozen acai or in the form of powder. I personally like to add it in my smoothies as I like the little bit of tartness and it gives your smoothie really pretty purple color!
  • Moringa: The moringa tree is native to parts of Africa and Asia. Its leaves are rich in protein, vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, and minerals.It has a slightly nutty flavor and I like to blend it in my morning smoothies, mix it with any fruit and veggies that I have in the fridge. I instantly feel so much energized and my skin also cleared up after I routinely consumed it. No need for expensive skincare treatment!
  • Chia seeds: Chia seeds have been a staple in Mayan and Aztec diets for centuries. It is rich in nutrients and antioxidant, and it also contains omega 3 fatty acids which fights bad cholesterol and can help reduce inflammation. This can be used in place of eggs in baking. To make the egg replacement, mix 1 tablespoon of chia seeds with 3 tablespoons of water and let sit for about 10-15 minutes.
  • Cacao nibs and raw cacao powder: Raw cacao nibs and powder are high in antioxidants, flavonoid, and fiber. It also fights cardiovascular disease and improves mood. I like to sprinkle my cacao nibs over desserts and smoothies and you can use the cacao powder in anything in place of processed cocoa powder.
  • Lucuma powder: Lucuma tree is native to Peru, Ecuador, and Chile.It is high in fiber, protein, and calcium. In its native countries, lucuma is widely used as a flavoring and sweetener in desserts. It also provides iron, helps stimulate immune system and improve physical endurance.
Acai powder

Moringa powder

Chia seeds

Cacao nibs

Cacao powder

Lucuma powder


There also many other superfoods that I haven't tried like spirulina, bee pollen, chlorella, hemp seeds and maca, and wheatgrass. You can find all of the explanations here . And there are also some recipes that I shared on my blog using these super foods, like the Easy Green Smoothie and Acai Bowl.
So why not try incorporating these super foods in your diet and feel the benefits yourself?

Rara xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment