Throw-in-Everything Salad

, , No Comments
Yes, that's right! You can put in any vegetables and fruits that you have in the fridge or are in season right now. It's already fall here and apples are everywhere. So I thought why not put it in good use by tossing it with some veg in the fridge?

I actually got asked about salad recipes a lot. But honestly, I have no proper salad recipes because I just put in what I like, depending on my current mood. I personally don't like heavy dressings like Thousand Islands or mayonnaise or anything with cream in it, so I always go with olive oil and vinegars as the basic dressing. I sometimes mixed my salad with argan oil when I lived in Cologne, but since good quality argan oil is not easy to find and a bit on the pricey side, olive oil is great too.

What you need:
Salad leaves (lettuces, spinach, chicoree, whatever you like)
Fruits (apples/pears/berries, etc)
Generous splash of olive oil
Generous drizzle of vinegar (apple cider vinegar/raspberry vinegar/balsamico, I used walnut vinegar)

  • Wash the veg and fruit thoroughly, make sure no dirts are left.
  • Using a salad spinner, dry the leaves until there's no water dripping anymore. If you don't have a salad spinner, just make sure that the veg are not wet or else the dressing won't mix properly.
  • Add the olive oil and vinegar, and mix it well so all parts of the salad are completely covered with the dressing.
  • Enjoy!
Oh wait, I also made a "side" for this salad yesterday. It's really, really easy but tastes so, so good. Spread some hummus on rice cakes, sprinkle with some chili flakes and pepper. Done! I ate 5 of those yesterday because it was so goood.


Rara xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment